[hobbit] windows C# code

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 23 07:31:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 07:55:20PM -0500, Jeff Newman wrote:
> The below code displays on the page right, however, when the hobbit
> ncv module builds the RRD file, the ds names are things like:
> greenCurrentConnections
> greenTimeinGC
> yellowBytesinallHeapsMB
> redApplicationsRunning

Hobbit's ncv module breaks when you use the color-icon markers.
Didn't know that, but I checked the code and it will include the
color in the ds name, as you've found.

The quick fix is to change your code so it always has the data
you want to store for graphs with no color-icons in front of the
ds name. E.g. your output could be

    &yellow Heap size is 99 MB

    BytesinallHeaps: 99
    TimeinGC: 200

I'll update the ncv module to skip any color markers in front of the ds
names.