[hobbit] Ping question

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Wed May 16 19:59:00 CEST 2007

Client B has to be on the same network as the production server, or it's
getting through a firewall/router somewhere.  This is what I imagine it
has to look like:

Either:

Hobbit1 ---- Router1 ---- ClientB --- Router2 --- Prod Server

-OR-

Hobbit1 ---- Router1 ---- ClientB
                  \----  Prod Server

In either scenario, you can either get ClientB to report to Hobbit the
Status (port 1984, it's well documented, etc), or you can adjust your
routers to forward the packets back and forth.

Your choice, really.  I'd prefer to go the direct route and just modify
the network rules to allow ICMP from Hobbit1 to the Prod Server.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer