How to graph iostats?

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri May 11 17:36:02 CEST 2007

I have a server with some performance issues, and we'd like to graph
disk access (as opposed to utilization).  iostat provides the raw data.
I see references in hobbitgraph.cfg to an iostat graph type.  I see
iostat in the TEST2RRD and the GRAPHS variable.  I don't know how to
feed the raw data to hobbit so that the graph will appear.

I tried loading the bb-iostats.sh script, which creates a nice green dot
called vmio, but no graphs...

Can somebody lend me a clue-by-4?  I'm certain I'm missing something
terribly trivial, but I've spent most of my effort with hobbit on
monitoring routers, and very little on hosts.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy