Hobbit Security Issue?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Mar 22 18:36:16 CET 2007

Perhaps someone more familiar with security can help me with this?  Or
perhaps it's a false positive?  We scan or hosts for security and my
score just went up more than three fold.  This was the worst offender:

wpoison (nasl version)
Long Desc: The following URLs seem to be vulnerable to BLIND SQL
injection
techniques :
/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?-='+AND+'b'>'a&HOST=myhost&SERVICE=info

Obviously Hobbit doesn't use SQL, but we do have a running mysql
instance running on the host.  Our mysql instance is not used by hobbit.
Any suggestions?

Our mysql instance:

mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.27, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using
readline 5.0

~David