[hobbit] hobbitfetch with Windows clients, and bbproxy

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jun 26 08:52:48 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Bryan A Kennedy wrote:
> Thank you for the response.  The security group has put a wrinkle in this
> setup since they won't allow any type of SSH tunneling.  I am unable to
> open any ports from the clients to the server, and no SSH tunneling.  I
> started looking at bbproxy.  Is it possible to have the main Hobbit sever
> pulldata from the bbproxy server, instead of the bbproxy server pushing
> data to the main hobbit server?  I thought to have the Windows clients send
> data to a hobbit server in their dmz which would be a bbproxy server, then
> have the main hobbit server pulldata from this bbproxy server.  These
> Windows clients don't have Cygwin or SSH.  Any ideas?  Thank you for your
> time.
My collegue recompiled bbwin so it can send user msg.  What about recompiling
bbwin so it dumps the text in a file instead of sending it to the hobbit
server.  Then you can write a script that runs on the hobbit server that
collects this file (using samba - ssh - ftp - sftp - http) and feed the info
to the hobbit server.
Just a wild idea .....

Stef