[hobbit] hobbitfetch with Windows clients

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Fri Jun 22 22:25:02 CEST 2007

I have lots of customer systems in that same situation, instead of using
hobbitfecth, I use ssh tunnels and configure hobbit clients to connect
to localhost.

on the hobbit server, you can setup something running from inittab that
does:

ssh user at clienthost  -T -n -N -g -x -R1984:localhost:1984

So if the client connects to localhost:1984, it's connecting to the
server's hobbit port.