[hobbit] Re: Error 500 when viewing Critical Systems page

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:25:55 CEST 2007

On 6/11/07, Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Gary Baluha wrote:
>
> > I have been getting intermittent "Error 500" errors when viewing the
> > Critical Systems page.  This is the familiar "Internal Server
> Error"-type of
> > message.  I haven't yet been able to find a pattern of when I get the
> > errors, but most of the time, it works just fine.  The only thing I have
> > been able to find in the apache log messages is:
> >
> > [Mon Jun 11 23:14:29 2007] [error] [client 172.21.3.118] Premature end
> of
> > script headers: hobbit-nkview.sh, referer: http://hobbit.cuc.net/
> >
> > I was having this problem before, but was running a non-patched
> > 4.2.0version, which was upgraded from an earlier version.  I have
> > since moved to
> > a brand new server, with a fresh compile/install of 4.2.0 with the
> latest
> > allinone patch.  The OS is Red Hat EL4 Update 5.
>
> You might want to try "setenforce 0" and see if that lets it work. I have
> this
> exact problem. I need to figure out how to label the hobbit files to make
> things work, with selinux in enforcing mode. It is on my "round tuit"
> list.
>
> Has anyone figured out how to make hobbit work with selinux enabled? If so
> pointer to a doc would be appreciated.

We don't use selinux here, and have run into problems with it before, so
when I did the install of the OS, I specifically disabled it.  I checked
with the setenforce command, and it does indeed say selinux is disabled.

> Is there any way that I can get more detailed logging as to what exactly
> the
> > problem is?
>
> Did you look in /var/log/messages or in /var/log/hobbit/*?

 Yep.  Nada.  Or at least, not anything related to the Error 500 issue.  But
at least I now know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Regards,