[hobbit] How to run an arbitary script on the client end?

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Mon Jun 11 22:22:08 CEST 2007

Would this new ADDON feature be configured at the server side or on each
client?

I have a gut reaction against some other server being able to
arbitrarily execute commands on my systems, but I know who runs our
hobbit server. I am also against having to modify each hobbit client
that I run if I come up with a new nifty ADDON. I have not looked into
the update/upgrade mechanism since I know the hobbit-server admin, but
is there some authentication of the updates/upgrades/new_ADDONs that can
be done so that they only come from a trusted source?

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211