[hobbit] Howto get Hobbit to send email

Frank M. Ramaekers FRamaekers at ailife.com
Mon Jun 4 17:46:31 CEST 2007

I use this script:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Author:       Gary Baluha
# Created On:   3-16-2006
#               to allow client-side filtering of possible duplicate alerts.
# NOTES:        BBHOSTSVC = The host affected, and the name of the alert
#               BBALPHAMSG = The full alert message (same as
#                               BBHOSTSVC [ACKCODE] if FORMAT=SMS)
#               ACKCODE = The ack code for the alert
#               BBCOLORLEVEL = The color of the alert (red, yellow, etc)
#
# REVISION HISTORY:
# =================
# Ver.  Date            Author  Notes
# ----  ----            ------  -----
# v1.0  3-16-2006       GMB     Initial creation
# v2.0  2-13-2007       GMB     Page alert now shows what is red/yellow, in
#                               addition to the name of the alert

# VARIABLES:
msg=`echo "${BBALPHAMSG}" | egrep "&yellow|&red"`
msg="\n${msg}"

# CODE:
#=======
subject="!HB ${ACKCODE}"
alert="${BBHOSTSVC} ${BBCOLORLEVEL}"
message="\n${alert}${msg}"

echo -e "${message}" | mail -s "${subject}" $RCPT

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
American Income Life Insurance Co.
Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.