[hobbit] hobbit-clients.cfg

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Jun 1 17:17:48 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 11:09 -0400, Manocchia, Robert wrote:
> I cannot find the HOBBITSERVERS variable anywhere on the client.

read the startup file to get a hint where it might have been put:
On my platform, in /etc/init.d/hobbit-client, I have:
# Include hobbit-client defaults if available
DMNOPTS=""
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/hobbit-client ] ; then
        . /etc/sysconfig/hobbit-client
else
        echo "Installation failure -
missing /etc/sysconfig/hobbit-client"
        exit 1
fi

if [ "$HOBBITSERVERS" = "" ]; then
        echo "Please configure HOBBITSERVERS
in /etc/sysconfig/hobbit-client"
        exit 1
fi

Thus /etc/sysconfig/hobbit-client is the file I have to edit on my
Mandriva systems.  For SLES it was something different, but the startup
file told us where to find it.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy