[hobbit] hobbitfetch testers needed

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Jul 25 13:58:40 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 15:05 +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 08:04:27AM -0500, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 14:36 +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > > I've been going over the hobbitfetch code looking for the cause of the
> > > cpu-spinning lockups that have been reported. I *think* I've found it,
> > > but this needs confirmation from someone who sees the problem in a real
> > > setup, as opposed to my testing scenario.
> > >
> > > So I'd be interested to have my bugfix tested by someone who has this
> > > problem. If you can, grab the current snapshot http://www.hswn.dk/beta/
> > > Rebuild Hobbit, copy for snapshot/hobbitd/hobbitfetch utility into
> > > your ~hobbit/server/bin/ directory and restart Hobbit.
> >
> > Ok, I've done that.  We'll keep a close eye on it today to see if it
> > goes berserk...

In the past 22 hours it has not gotten into a loop, but I still see this
status on the hobbitfetch item:

                           - Program crashed

                          Fatal signal caught!

                        Status unchanged in 2 hours, 16 minutes
                         Status message received from 127.0.0.1
                                      Client data available

If you would like any log files are debug items, I will be happy to
provide them.  I will be in meetings most of the day starting in about
2-1/2 hours.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy