[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Trent Melcher trent.melcher at sitel.com
Tue Jul 24 23:30:43 CEST 2007

Why dont you just use the SCRIPT feature of hobbit-alerts?  You can
setup ssh authentication between your hobbit server and hobbit clients.
Then if a specific test goes red, its executes the script, which in turn
ssh's to the remote server having the  issue and executes the script
there to resolve the issue or whatever you need it to do.

We did this with a legacy application we use to have,  the app would
stop listening on its ports and the only way to fix it was to respin the
application.  So hobbit would test the port and if it failed it would
send a page and fire off a script to spin the app.  After a while we got
tired of the pages so we had it email a generic mailbox that someone
checked once in a while and removed it paging us.  Worked great, never
had customers complaints on that specific app after that.

Trent