[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Tue Jul 24 03:44:11 CEST 2007

> >If you like, I could draft up some graphs and reports I'd like to see.
> >My above description might be hard to visualize.

Henrik, you're right about using the histories for reports.  That data
keeps its integrity unlike the RRD averages, much better for reports.

For a given input period (Last 7 days, June 2007, etc.)

* Servers with the most state changes, sorted by highest to lowest
(Maybe just Top 10).  Clicking on server would generate list of state
changes.  "Look Bob, your server is not stable you need to get your
developers under control!"

* Services with the most state changes, sorted by highest to lowest
(Maybe just Top 10).  Clicking on service would generate list of the
state changes for that period.  "PHB, the web group is performing way
too many undocumented code changes."

* Red events with longest durations (for events still open, use start
time to NOW as duration)

* Yellow events with longest durations (for events still open, use
start time to NOW as duration)

* All ping/fping/conn events.

You could piece-meal some of those from the eventlog report, but I'd
prefer a single page that showed them all.  For weekly, quarterly
meetings, turnover, etc.

Scott