[hobbit] Alerting table in the info screen

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jul 22 00:00:35 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 05:56:51PM +0000, shea4th at comcast.net wrote:
> Is there supposed to be an "Exceptions" portion of the alerting table when viewed from the info button?
> Kind of like the way BB has it?  This way here, at a glance, not only can I tell what services are being
> alerted on, but I would also like to know what's configured NOT to alert on.

It's very simple: The services that have alerts listed on the "info"
page are the ones that will send you alerts. All exceptions and host-
specific configuration is taken into account on the info-page display.

> For instance (excerpt from hobbit-alerts.cfg)
> HOST=myhost SERVICE=disk,memory,msgs,network,procs
>         MAIL somebody at someplace.com FORMAT=TEXT REPEAT=30 RECOVERED
> EXSERVICE=cpu,files,netstat,ports,vmstat

You're making it needlessly complex. There's no reason to have a SERVICE
setting and an EXSERVICE setting when there's no overlap between the
two. By adding a SERVICE setting, you have automatically excluded all
of the services that aren't listed.

Oh ... and the netstat and vmstat columns usually do not exist, unless
you're using the old BB client. So they cannot trigger alerts.