[hobbit] [patch] split-ncv and maximum value tracking

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Jul 21 18:07:42 CEST 2007

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:07:07PM +0100, Charles Goyard wrote:
> here is a patch that provides two new features to the NCV graph backend.
> It answers to a request I did on August 2nd (subject: "Dynamic or Split
> NCV").
>
> - split-ncv : Lets you store an ever-changing set of data on a status
>   column basis.
[snip]
> - trackmax : it lets you keep track of the maximum value of a dataset,

I've merged Charles' split-NCV patch now.

Regarding the "trackmax" feature, this was really a more general issue
of being able to configure the way the RRD databases are generated. So
you can configure it to include the MAX data values, or change the
granularity of the data stored etc.

So I've decided to do this all-out, and just have a config file where
you can setup all of the RRD definitions you want to use when creating
new RRD files. So I haven't merged Charles' trackmax feature, but done
something else that will let you do the same thing (and more).