[hobbit] Feature request: DESCR popup

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 20 13:33:06 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 03:00:42PM +0200, Johann Eggers wrote:
> I like the functionality that when you hook the mousepointer over a dot
> a small box pops up and displays information in the form
> column:color:duration.
>
> I (and also a lot of people in my company) would like to see this also
> for the hostname links. If a DESCR tag is in the bb-hosts file for this
> host it's content should be displayed in the little pop-up box. This way
> it's not necessary to view the info column each time to get this info.

OK, thanks to Marco Schoemaker's hint on how to do this in HTML,
I've cooked up a patch that should do this.

Unlike Marco, I don't want to introduce yet another special tag for
the tooltip. It will display the COMMENT text, or the DESCR text
if there's no COMMENT defined. If neither exists, it will just
display the hostname.

The attached patch is based on the current snapshot, but modified so
it should work with Hobbit 4.2.0. Those on the bleeding edge version
will have to wait for tonights snapshot.