Paging & Notification Not Working

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Jul 18 09:05:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

is there a fix for the problem, meanwhile?
We have the same situation, here. A filesystem on one of our mail
servers ran full, but the admins didn't get an alert from hobbit. The
server is listed in our bb-hosts file on the "mail" page with an IP of
"0.0.0.0". I found out that only the hosts with a real IP address will
get an alert. I could find a workaround: if I add the option "prefer" to
the host entry with the "0.0.0.0" address, the host gets an alert. But
if there are more entries of the same host on different pages, only the
first one with the "prefer" option is recognized by the alert function.

So, if we have the following bb-hosts file:

page linux
    123.456.78.9 my.mail.host # ...
page mail
    0.0.0.0 my.mail.host # noconn
page redhat
    0.0.0.0 my.mail.host # noconn prefer

and I define alerts for all three pages, the alert only works for page
"linux" and page "redhat". The host on page "mail" is being ignored.

Please let me know if there is a solution for the problem.

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470