[hobbit] Missing libpcre and libgcc in compiled binaries

sladewig sladewig at bankinfo.com
Mon Jul 16 21:54:48 CEST 2007

Matthew Epp said the following, On 07/16/2007 01:21 PM:
> I'm encountering an odd problem doing a rebuild of the Hobbit server.
> I'm using the same Solaris 8 system that I originally built my server
> on, however I no longer seem to be getting the pcre and gcc libs linked
> to my binaries, and they're entirely different sizes as well. Example:

When you ran configure did it have:
Checking for PCRE ...
Found PCRE include files in /usr/local/include
Found PCRE libraries in /usr/local/lib

OR...
in /usr/local/lib/ is there a libpcre.so or just a libpcre.a ?
If its just a libpcre.a file its a static lib and it won't show up as
being part of a dynamic dependancy as the code will be linked it directly.