Paging & Notification Stop

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Tue Jul 10 16:11:56 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've noticed a random problem in Hobbit that
I can't seem to track down. I thought perhaps
other folks had seen the same problem.

Occasionally, paging and notification seems to
stop for no reason or all the groups in my file
don't get notified. The only way you know that
it happens is that we stop receiving notifications.
ie...something went wrong and you are not notified.

As an example, a database server last night filled
up a /u? partition 100%. We received no email notification
of the event.

The notifications.log indicates that messages stopped
around 9:21 p.m.... ie...This was the last message
at the end of the notifications log.

Mon Jul  9 21:18:39 2007 server1.disk (192.168.10.2) DB_group at myemail.com
[129] 1184033919 100

The one above was the last message received. The DB group
was notified of the problem, but the unix group was not.

Also, we had other problems, minor, with a couple other systems
we should have gotten notices from, but all paging seemed
to halt after the last message above.

Has anyone seen this. Any suggested method of tracking it down?
I've fixed it in the past by restarting Hobbit, and then
notification and paging seem to start working again.

Thanks...James