[hobbit] graphind bonded interfaces

Matt mlist at cmcflex.com
Tue Jul 3 20:01:52 CEST 2007

Matt wrote:
> I'm trying to add a graph to the trends column in which I graph my
> bond0 interfaces.  I don't want the graph to have the eth interfaces.
> There is currently an rrd database (created from the hobbit client on
> each machine).  The database file name is:
>
> ifstat.bond0.rrd.
>
> Using those names I edited the hobbitgraph.cfg file and included at
> the bottom this section:
>
> [bond0]
>        TITLE bond0 bits
>        YAXIS bits / second
>        DEF:inbits=ifstat.bond0.rrd:bytesReceived:DERIVE
>        DEF:outbits=ifstat.bond0.rrd:bytesSent:DERIVE
>        AREA:inbits#00CCCC:Bond0
>        GPRINT:inbits:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>        GPRINT:inbits:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>        GPRINT:inbits:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>        GPRINT:inbits:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
>        GPRINT:outbits:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>        GPRINT:outbits:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>        GPRINT:outbits:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>        GPRINT:outbits:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
>        LINE2:outbits#FF0000
>
> and in hobbitserver.cfg I appended bond0 to TEST2RRD.  However, I'm
> not getting the graph generated on the trends page - not even a dead
> link.  I know I've missed something simple - but not sure what.  I
> don't think I'm supposed to append "bond0" to my -extra-tests= lines
> in hobbitlaunch.cfg.  Is that right (although I did append it just to
> see what happens - and nothing).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Matt

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Well I think I figured this one out.  Digging around a little bit more I
found an old post that referenced the bb-host man page.  Seems I needed
to append this to the end of my host:

TRENDS:*,ifstat:bond0

Not sure exactly why it needs the ifstat part (because in hobbitgraph
it's setup in a section all its own)- but it doesn't seem to work
without it.  Just a heads up for anyone else that may be looking for an
answer.

Matt