graphind bonded interfaces

Matt mlist at cmcflex.com
Tue Jul 3 17:19:59 CEST 2007

I'm trying to add a graph to the trends column in which I graph my bond0
interfaces.  I don't want the graph to have the eth interfaces.  There
is currently an rrd database (created from the hobbit client on each
machine).  The database file name is:

ifstat.bond0.rrd.

Using those names I edited the hobbitgraph.cfg file and included at the
bottom this section:

[bond0]
        TITLE bond0 bits
        YAXIS bits / second
        DEF:inbits=ifstat.bond0.rrd:bytesReceived:DERIVE
        DEF:outbits=ifstat.bond0.rrd:bytesSent:DERIVE
        AREA:inbits#00CCCC:Bond0
        GPRINT:inbits:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:inbits:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:inbits:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:inbits:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
        GPRINT:outbits:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:outbits:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:outbits:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:outbits:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
        LINE2:outbits#FF0000

and in hobbitserver.cfg I appended bond0 to TEST2RRD.  However, I'm not
getting the graph generated on the trends page - not even a dead link.
I know I've missed something simple - but not sure what.  I don't think
I'm supposed to append "bond0" to my -extra-tests= lines in
hobbitlaunch.cfg.  Is that right (although I did append it just to see
what happens - and nothing).

Any ideas?

Matt