Need help on telnet fine tune in bb-services

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:07:25 CEST 2007

I have 3 login servers(login1-3), login1 is in trouble (taking long long
time to see the prompt and then failed)

The current configuration  in bb-services for telnet monitoring is like
following,

[telnet]
   options banner,telnet
   port 23

Above configuration will make all three servesr show up as green because
telnetd answer the poll.

I am looking for better configuration option to fail the login1 testing
since it is failing the telnet service to telnet clients.

Also both login2 and login3 are normal but only on login3's telnet hb page,
I see the full login banner. On login2, I only see the OS version number(1st
line of banner ?), why the difference ?

R1:  bb-services manpage,

T.J. Yang