[hobbit] Hobbit + TNG

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Jan 24 17:24:16 CET 2007

You need to write a script that is linked to a Hobbit alerting rule.
When the script is run, you can access the alert parameters through
environment variables.  These can be sent as varbinds in a trap.  You
need to send two kinds of traps -- one to say that a problem exists, and
another to say that it has cleared (run when a RECOVERED message is
created).

I have done this with Netcool -- was not very hard.  The "hooks" are
documented.

GLH