[hobbit] out of inodes

Tony Larco tlarco at polr.org
Fri Jan 5 14:12:44 CET 2007

I'm rusty on solaris, but on Linux you can use a df -i to check the
inode usage on the file systems.  At one time I hacked out a quick
inode.sh script to monitor for this condition after this same situation
happened to me.  If I locate it I can send it to you or the list.  If
you are going to build a file system for the hobbit history logs in the
future, you can tune the file system when creating it to create more
inodes than the ext3 or ufs default.  I think when this happened to me I
just stopped hobbit, moved the histlogs to a file system with a lot of
inodes free and just soft linked it to get things working again.  HTH.

Tony