[hobbit] 2 hosts with the same name

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 4 17:45:24 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 10:36:03AM -0600, Trent Melcher wrote:
> Is there an easy way to monitor 2 servers with the same computername
> using 1 hobbit server?  We are monitoring both our production enviroment
> and test environments.  Unfortunately the computername in test or prod
> cannot be changed.

They must have different names in the bb-hosts file, or Hobbit will not
be able to distinguish between them. So you need to make up a pseudo
hostname for at least one of them.

For the client data (assuming you have a Hobbit client on them), you can
modify the hostname it uses to report data and make sure it matches the
name you use in bb-hosts.