[hobbit] Wish for next Hobbit Version

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 4 17:42:44 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 03:00:16PM +0100, stefan.freisler at aspect-online.de wrote:

> To check for Hosts and Services i use this command
>  ~/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdxboard"
> (very good work)
> but can you expand this to filter some thing
>  ~/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdxboard server.domain.org"
> so that only the data for this host will shown?

It's already there - see the bb(1) man-page for the filters you can
apply to the "hobbitdboard" command. You'll want this:
   ~/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdxboard host=server.domain.org"

BTW, you're the first person I know of who has used the XML format
output. So do speak up if you find something wrong with it, or some
information that is missing.

> And can you include something like that to get informations what RRD Files
> are available?
>  ~/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitrrdxboard"

No. This information is simply not present inside the Hobbit daemon.
You can look at the ~hobbit/data/rrd/server.domain.org/ directory and
see what rrd files are there, but that doesnt tell you what graphs may
be built from them (you need to dig into the hobbitgraph.cfg file to
figure that out). And in the next version of Hobbit, the rrd files may
be distributed over multiple Hobbit servers.

We do need a solution for this, but I haven't found a good way of doing
it yet.