[hobbit] dbcheck.pl - Oracle - tablespace with AutoExtent

Eric van de Meerakker eric-list-1 at softlution.com
Thu Jan 4 14:01:04 CET 2007

Hi Henrik,

My knowledge of Oracle is not too much higher, but IMO you DBA is right.
If the autoextend property is set on a tablespace, these cases should
not cause a red status. I think the best way would be to check the Used
size as a percentage of the "Autoextent(Size)" size, not the current
"Size" size. I've experienced the same issue with BB's Oracle montoring
scripts.

As a secondary monitoring point, disk monitoring should be enabled on
the disks containing the tablespaces. They may well fill up before the
max size is reached, preventing Oracle from extending the tablespaces to
the maximum size allowed. Of course, if the Oracle data files do not
reside on a filesystem, this cannot be done.

Cheers,

Eric.