[hobbit] Hobbit Mon 4.2 on RHEL

Gary Ciampa Gary.Ciampa at sas.com
Wed Feb 21 19:44:11 CET 2007

Thomas, Tom:

My bb-hosts *does* have group-compress.....

group-compress Linux Servers
10.12.10.73   emix64s0.unx.sas.com         # NAME:"EMIX64S03 - Hobbit Server" bbd http://emix64s03.unx.sas.com/
10.12.10.74   emix64s04.unx.sas.com      # NAME:EMIX64S04

On the client, clientlaunch.sh looks like so...
<snip>
[client]
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m
<snip>

And hobbitclient.sh has "uptime" defined, but, not "netstat"

<snip>
# The following defines a bunch of commands that BB extensions expect to be present.
# Hobbit does not use them, but they are provided here so if you use BB extension
# scripts, then they will hopefully run without having to do a lot of tweaking.
UPTIME="/usr/bin/uptime"
<snip>

A colleague tells me it's my imagination that NETSTAT and UPTIME were reported for Linux, as looking at the demo server, these columns do not appear.

Thx

Re: [hobbit] Hobbit Mon 4.2 on RHEL