polling Windows clients

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:36:55 CET 2007

I have a problem, we have some Windows servers sitting behind a 1-way
NAT'ing firewall that I need to monitor. If these were Unix/Linux boxes I
could just use hobbitfetch, but I don't think bbwin supports polling. I was
wondering if there was some way of combining msgcache and bbproxy in such a
way that it would be possible to retrieve information this way. If it was
possible to do this I could than place a small linux box behind the firewall
and then use hobbitfetch to monitor the boxes. The only other solution that
I can see is to place a complete hobbit instance behind the firewall, but
that would give our operations people yet another screen to monitor, and I
would like to avoid that, if I could.

Thanks,
Larry Barber