[hobbit] Hobbit versus Unicenter/TNG

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Wed Feb 14 17:27:03 CET 2007

> And yes - this is all about politics. The Unicenter group is also the
> group responsible for manning our NOC - and given that it takes about 20
> people to run Unicenter here versus 0.5 (me) to run Hobbit, they are
> somewhat reluctant to embrace it.

Figure out ways to explain how Hobbit will make their jobs and life
better.  Hobbit is better than XYZ won't be an effective
"sell."  Example:  Could using Hobbit mean they get less phone calls in the
middle of the night?

| Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out.

Cool.  And if any of your bosses/decision makers play golf, if they ever
make it to the NYC/Philly area, I'd be happy to take them out for 18.

My name is Scott, and I am a golfer.