[hobbit] Is there a way to show all monitored hosts on one page?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 12 17:38:04 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:09:21AM -0500, Gary Baluha wrote:
> Is there a way in Hobbit that you can bring up a page that shows ALL
> monitored hosts on a single page?  The page/sub-page hierarchy of monitored
> hosts in Hobbit works 95% of the time, but there are occasions where I need
> to see everything that is being monitoring, regardless of status, on a
> single page.

Run this to generate a bb-hosts file without the page/subpage/subparent
tags, and create an extra "set" of Hobbit webpages based on that
bb-hosts file (you must run it with the Hobbit environment set, i.e. via
hobbitlaunch.cfg, or using the "bbcmd" utility):

  #!/bin/sh

  bbhostshow | egrep -v "^page|^subpage|^subparent|^group" >$BBHOME/etc/bb-hosts.onepage
  BBHOSTS=$BBHOME/etc/bb-hosts.onepage $BBHOME/bin/bbgen $BBHOME/www/onepage/

This creates the bb.html, bb2.html and bbnk.html webpages in the
"onepage" directory, so from your browser you can fetch these.