idea of feature for route_ tag

Marganne, Etienne emarganne at be.tiauto.com
Thu Feb 8 13:47:52 CET 2007

Hello again,

This time I come with a proposal of feature that could help many of us who
handles a huge network. Here is the story:

Since it is a huge job to copy paste very long lists of hosts that could be
in the network path between the final Hobbit client and the Hobbit server,
it could be nice to have some possibility to define some kind of template.

Let's say you have different sites around the globe and there are fixed
paths to get there. You sure do not want to copy paste as I said the list of
hosts present on those paths. So if we could define a few "default route" to
get to a site we would save time of configuration and the readability of the
bb-hosts file.

i.e.:

Hobbit server ------ router1------ router2 ------ router3 ------ host1

     |                                              |
------------------------- host2

     | ------ router4 ------ router5 ------ host3

default-route1: router1, router2, router3

default-route2: router4, router5

0.0.0.0  host1   # conn route_HServer: default-route1

0.0.0.0  host2   # conn route_HServer: default-route2, router3

0.0.0.0  host3   # conn route_HServer: default-route3

There it is. Makes life easier for lazy (or with a huge work load :-)) kind
of people.

Etienne Marganne

TI Automotive

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.