[hobbit] Thanks for that help earlier..

Joe Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Sun Dec 30 22:22:26 CET 2007

Todd Kleinert wrote:
> Thanks Josh, and Joe. I found the files I was hunting for.
>

> Since that part of things is done for me, I now need to look for the
> httpd.conf file example. Once I locate that, I can refit the info found
> in the .cfg files into the apache conf, so that they’re pointing to the
> same places, have all the correct capabilities, permissions etc.

I didn't have to do that - I just dropped hobbit-apache.conf into the
appropriate directory and that took care of the apache configuration for
hobbit, once apache was restarted. BTW I found that the hobbit rpm was
full of redhat-isms, but I was able to adapt it to my suse servers
without too much trouble.

> Uhm, along these lines, I noticed something weird yesterday. Apache on
> my fedora system had a directory structure already setup, not a big
> surprise..however, it seems that apache was pointing to /var/www as
> “document root” but then the directive below it was pointing to
> /var/www/html – is this just a mistake on the part of the developer?
> Shouldn’t the directory options be for the /var/www too? It just seemed
> weird to find that in the httpd.conf , when its obviously wrong. What gives?

That should probably be /var/www/html everywhere since that is the
document root on redhat -

Joe