[hobbit] Anyone knows of the IP 158.169.131.14 / psbru.cec.eu.int ?

epperson at alumni.unc.edu epperson at alumni.unc.edu
Fri Dec 28 23:06:12 CET 2007

On Fri, December 28, 2007 11:50, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> It is requesting several of the Hobbit demo webpages *every second*
> eating up some 200-300 kbit/sec bandwidth from my DSL line.
>
> I've firewall'ed it and sent an e-mail to the abuse-contacts, but
> if you know about this host please stop the scripts running wget.

Probably a NAT address with a lab or something like that behind it, with a
presentation about Hobbit going on, then perhaps left with a bunch of
workstations still pointed your way.  No ports show up on the /24, the IP
was seen on 14 Dec with Netscape 4 running over a non-identified OS, was
seen on 8 Nov with IE 6 running over XP.  I imagine your storm ended after
a bit.  Have a great 2008.