[hobbit] Critical Systems view loading problem

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:09:19 CET 2007

As I previously posted, I get this problem every now and then as well.
About a month back, the Critical Systems page suddenly become useless when
it became stuck with that "Internal Server Error" issue.  My co-worker came
across an apparent fix that the file permissions for the
hobbit-nkview.cfgfile were wrong, and the --debug option in
hobbitcgi.cfg for hobbit-nkview.cfg was preventing the page from loading.
This now appears NOT to be the case, because the eternal Internal Server
Error problem is back.  It seems it was just coincidence that he made the
changes when the Critical Systems page started working again.

Also, while I was in the process of typing the above section, it appears the
Critical Systems page is working again.  I made absolutely no changes to
anything during this time.  Unfortunately now, as before, I cannot determine
any causal relationship.  Additionally, unlike Tracy's problem below, it
doesn't appear to be related to the alerts that are showing up either (I can
confirm that no alert statuses changed while I was writing this).

I'm going to have to go with Tracy's assesment that it is a pointer issue as
pointed out.  I do recall during my programming days of incorrect pointer
usage in the code causing intermittent and non-reproducible errors
occuring...  Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've programmed in
C/C++, and I would have to spend a while with the code to see if this really
is the issue, and how to fix it.  All I know is, it sounds plausible.

Anyone else have any ideas, or am I just going a little off the deep end
with this (which is quite possible)?