Hobbit client in a SELinux environment.

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Fri Dec 7 01:19:36 CET 2007

There does not seem to be much information when
googling hobbit client and SELinux.

I have been creating RPM packages for RHEL 4 and
RHEL 5, and the clients seemed to run fine.
However when one of the other administrators,
rebooted, one of the RHEL5 servers, it did not
come up again. He insisted that somehow my
client package interacted somehow with SELinux
and that caused a halt in the boot process.

I never saw this myself.

Does anybody here have any experience with this
or making special SELinux rules for Hobbit client?

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?