client problems - connection refused

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Thu Aug 23 00:19:52 CEST 2007

I'm doing a new installation of Hobbit.  I followed the directions
from the web and got to "Congratulations, you now have a running
Hobbit server!" without problems.

Then I added a few clients - the Hobbit server seems to be working
fine (immediately as they showed up in the web page http and conn
went green) but I cannot seem to get the client installed and working
correctly.  I tar-ed and copied the client directory to each client
machine, created a hobbit user there and setup the ~hobbit/client/
directory.

I can launch the client:

runclient.sh start

and the client/logs/clientlaunch.log shows it started;  ps -ef shows
it's still running - but client/logs/hobbitclient.log is empty

I cannot telnet to the clients on port 1984 - so naturally the hobbit
server thinks bbd is dead.

Do I have to build the hobbit client on all the clients?  Or have I
missed something else?

Thanks,

Frank