Hobbit Features

Ryan Jay B. Lapuz rlapuz at fcpp.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 21 09:10:35 CEST 2007

Hi Henrik!

Congratulations for a job well done being the developer of Hobbit. I've been using Hobbit for over a month now to monitor our servers (database, email, dns, proxy/squid, etc.)  and receiving support from you and other hobbit users whenever I have a problem configuring it. Even though it is not yet fully setup for our server needs, it is already up and running. However it is not yet fully implemented in our company because it is still under debugging/testing together with 3 other sever monitoring tool (Nagios, Zenoss Core, and Zabbix).

Next week, I will defend Hobbit against the 3 other server monitoring tool regarding of what tool are we going to use and I am wondering if you can give me some important information or advantage of Hobbit among the others. I'm sure you already heard about the server monitoring tools that  I mentioned above. I am also preparing my observations about the Hobbit but I think it is not enough since I was not able to expose myself to all of its functions and my technical knowledge is limited (i'm a newbie). So, I think it would be better if I can get the information I need from the Hobbit developer himself.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward for your kind approval of my request.

Best regards,

Ryan