Messages test does not react to warnings

Thorsten.Erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com Thorsten.Erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Aug 17 16:06:09 CEST 2007

Hi

my msgs test is always green, even if there is a warning in the
/var/log/messages file

I configured "hobbit-clients" like this:

DEFAULT
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red
        LOG     %.* warning          COLOR=yellow

HOST=s068a300
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red
        LOG     %.* warning          COLOR=yellow

The "client-local" is configured like this:

[s068a300]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK
log:/var/log/user:10240

The two logfiles appear in the messages column, but the line

.2007/08/17 14:22:54][s068a300:kern.warning] kernel: program nmhs is using
a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

does not trigger the yellow color, even if there is a "warning" string in
this line

Also the is a little output problem: if the log contain very long lines
some characters where cut off at the _beginning_ of the line.
If I monitor more than one logfile it not very nice to have them all on
one page. Is there a possibility to only display lines which trigger a
warning or error, so that the page is empty for errorfree logs. Another
nice thing would be to put every log into a single subpage under the log
summary.

Thorsten Erdmann
ITI/EP68
DaimlerChrysler Werk Hamburg
mailto: thorsten.erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com
Tel.: +49-40-7920-2593
mobil: +49-160-8614383
Lotus-Fax:+49-711-1779043874
mail: thorsten.erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it. We thank you for your support.