[hobbit] Sending Hobbit alerts to numeric pager

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 14:47:43 CEST 2007

I would suggest the following:
MAIL <areacode><number>@page.provider.com FORMAT=SMS

from the hobbit-alerts.cfg man page:
FORMAT=formatstring Format of the text message with the alert. Default
is "TEXT" (suitable for e-mail alerts). "PLAIN" is the same as text, but
without the URL link to the status webpage. "SMS" is a short message with no
subject for SMS alerts. "SCRIPT" is a brief message template for scripts.

You can also tweak your existing script, for Hobbit to use, If you want to
customize the message output.

 ~Steve