[hobbit] custom script help

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:35:45 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Avi Rosenblatt <arosen at oleh.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm writing a custom script that parses a mailbox and sends the
> contents to the hobbit server. The problem is some emails are large,
> so I would like the status page to show a list of email subjects
> which, when one is clicked, would display the contents of that
> message. Is that possible? If so, how would I go about sending the
> body of each message and generating a link in the status page.

If your script assembles a message something like this:

   LINE="status $MACHINE.$TEST $COLOR `date`

and then sends that to Hobbit using:

   $BB $BBDISP "$LINE"

you should get a detail page with clickable links.

$MACHINE should be the machine name with commas instead of dots.
$TEST should be the name of the column you want to report.

Ralph Mitchell