Downtime Alerting

oliver_grube at campbellsoup.com oliver_grube at campbellsoup.com
Mon Apr 23 10:01:46 CEST 2007

Hello Hobbits,

since several years now, I've played with BigBrother. Added my own
enhancements and use it to monitor over 200 Devices in our company. A while
ago, I've found hobbit as a very good alternative, specially, because BB
was running on a VMWare ESX and needs to much resources.

I now have an interesting question for you guys:

By using the "info" Column you can easily disable a System for a planned
downtime. However, I would like to inform a group a people about this
automatically by sending an eMail directly, when the Downtime is scheduled.
Is there a way to do so?

And is there a general way, to change the Look & Text of an Alert eMail?

mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best regards
Met vriendelijke groeten  -  Sincères salutations,

Oliver Grube

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for use by
the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not
disclose its contents to others and delete it from your
system.