[hobbit] Depends tag for files

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 18 22:15:53 CEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:18:55PM +0100, Mike Rowell wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a depend tag for files so that the files check would
> depend on another server being up, this is useful to us as we need in

If I understand correctly, you want the "files" check for server A to
depend on the "conn" check for server B.

The only way you can do that is with a combo-test. The built-in
"depends" tag in Hobbit only works for network tests, so a combo
test is the only way you can generate a single status from multiple
independent status reports.

That means you would setup a combined test "mycheck" in bbcombotest.cfg
with
    myhost.mycheck=((serverA.conn==1) && (serverB.files==0))
and then do your alerting based on the "mycheck" status.