[hobbit] ZFS Monitoring Script

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 17:30:18 CEST 2007

The way ZFS works is to have storage pools, the script checks the status
of the storage pools which is where the ONLINE, FAULTED, DEGRADED stuff
comes in to it.

The capacity is just for my own information as we currently run only one
zfs filesystem per storage pool, as you state this isn't really needed
as it does duplicate other things, however it gives you the ability to
see how much storage is in a pool, you can have multiple ZFS file
systems inside each pool so it does have it's uses.

mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Smrcina [mailto:rsmrcina at wi.rr.com]
Sent: 12 April 2007 16:13
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] ZFS Monitoring Script

I concur, unless there's something specific that ZFS provides that is
critical to monitor.  This way the back end client code will be similar
to (or the same as) that for Linux.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.