Hobbit_perl_client 1.13

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Thu Sep 28 23:26:15 CEST 2006

New version is out with 3 nice new features:
1) DB2 connection and tablespace report.
2) Report of what the script did in a column called like the script on
the host where the script is running (all errors and warning will also
be reported here).
3) Custom query engine to write your own query (If you want to share
them you can put them on the hobbit_perl_client forum on sourceforge or
send them to me and I'll try to put them there for everyone to use).

As always it can be downloaded
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hobbit-perl-cl/ or from
http://www.deadcat.net

The custom query engine in a bit experimental so be sure to try your
query and check all the parameters. The documentation is not so good
but you can find how it work in the example ini files (I think I'll
finish to write some documentation before starting to put more
functionality into the scripts :D) so If you need any info feel free to
contact me via mail/forum.

Francesco

Changes to this version:

Hobbit_fd_lib.pm 1.13 (general library)
- now the scripts will send a status report to hobbit into a column on
the server
  where the scripts are running to do a summary of what was done (total
and host
  running time, total and color/event of messages sent, total host
checked
  and test done for each host, a list of warning and error  got from the
scripts).
  For dbcheck if you use the fast/slow kind of check you will have 2
columns
  one called dbcheck_fast and one dbcheck_slow.
- new general (for the 3 scripts) option warningout that can be equal to
"log",
  "send", "both" and will influence how warning are treated. If it's
"log" it will
  simply out the warning to the hobbit log file, "send" will send the
warning into
  the status report of the test, "both" will do both the things (check
ini
files to see hot this work).

Beastat 1.05
- Added an option to check version of program and modules used
(beastat.pl -v)
- Corrected some bugs

Dbcheck 1.06
- Added a custom query engine to enable the user to create new tests for
all databases
- Added an option to check version of program and modules used
(dbcheck.pl -v)
- Added test for IBM-DB2 Database: connection and tablespace check (see
dbcheck.ini
  for configuration information)
- Added uptime check for all database types
- Changed the locks checking code to get more data about the sql command
that are
  blocked and the process number and os command name of the
blocker/blocked statement
- Corrected a bug with informix table checks
- Corrected a problem with mysql that could not be used as a default
database
  type without defining the hostname of every server
- Various bug fix

Netapp 1.09
- Some fixes on the code to execute the sysstat command reporting data
about
cpu and system statistics.
- Added an option to check version of program and modules used
(netapp.pl -v)