[hobbit] Remote display

Aiello, Steve (GE, Corporate, consultant) steve.aiello at ge.com
Thu Sep 21 20:06:10 CEST 2006

Check out man bb-hosts, and look at the summary area;

SENDING SUMMARIES TO REMOTE HOBBIT SERVERS

summary ROW.COLUMN IP URL
If you have multiple Hobbit servers, the "summary" directive lets you
form a hierarchy of servers by sending the overall status of this server
to a remote Hobbit server, which then displays this in a special summary
section. E.g. if your offices are spread over three locations, you can
have a Hobbit server at each office. These branch-office Hobbits have a
"summary" definition in their bb-hosts file that makes them report the
overall status of their branch Hobbit to the central Hobbit server you
maintain at the corporate headquarters.

Multiple "summary" definitions are allowed........