[hobbit] 4.2 and Patches question

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:18:45 CEST 2006

On 9/21/06, Nicolas Dorfsman <ndo at unikservice.com> wrote:

> I did use this list.  Bad result :
>

> patching file web/hobbit-confreport.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 600.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 649 (offset 12 lines).
> 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file web/hobbit-
> confreport.c.rej

I got the same, but I was applying only one patch at a time, so I was
able to eyeball the reject file, web/hobbit-confreport.c.rej, and make
manual updates.  In your case, the second patch failure probably
overwrote the first reject file, but you may still be able to correct
it because both failures happen around line 600 of
hobbit-confreport.c, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, after manual corrections, the compile worked just fine.

Ralph Mitchell