[hobbit] proc/port error messages error messages

Iain M Conochie iain at shihad.org
Mon Sep 11 16:49:42 CEST 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Scheblein, Adam wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> Recently I have been getting the following error messages in my hobbitd
> section about my proc column for one of my hosts:
>

> Oversize data/client msg from [IP Address] truncated (n=760399, limit
> 524288)
> First line: [Hostname]|hp-ux|hp-ux
> Oversize status msg from [IP Address] for [Hostname]:ports truncated
> (n=514197, limit=262144)

Yes - this is due to the client sending status messages that are too large
for the server to accept. The default limit for status messages is 256K
and clients is 512K; both are not large enough.

You can control this setting by adding values for

MAXMSG_CLIENT
MAXMSG_STATUS

into the hobbitserver.cfg config file. In my config I have

MAXMSG_CLIENT="2097152"
MAXMSG_STATUS="2097152"

This may be too large for you though so you should perhaps try smaller
values first

Cheers

Iain

> Any thoughts??