[hobbit] permission denied

Kevin khanrahan at charter.net
Sun Sep 10 19:51:52 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 11:01:55AM -0400, Kevin wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>  I am installing Hobbit for the first time in over a year..( I am still
>> running RC5 at work in production !! ) and I am having a stupid error
>> that I could use help on. I can't see the web interface! I get :
>>
>> You don't have permission to access /hobbit/ on this server
>>
>> but every directory and every file has 777 permissions on it!
>>

> Sounds like an apache configuration problem. Did you include the
> provided hobbit-apache.conf file in your webserver configuration?
>
> (BTW, you'd better tighten up those 777 permissions. Hackers love
> those).
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Hi Henrik, it's been a long time. Yes, I did include the
hobbit-apache.conf piece in the httpd.conf file.  (and I only made the
permissions 777 to troubleshoot this), but it makes no difference. It is
running on RHEL 4.0, apache 2.0, and I can't see what else would be
restricting permission to /hobbit/. Got any ideas?

Best regards

kevin