[hobbit] Query current host status via CLI

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 7 11:32:26 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:16:38AM -0400, Jeffcoat, Al wrote:
> One of my Intel admins has asked if there is a way to determine the
> total number of citrix sessions in use using hobbit.  We are currently
> using the citrix plug-in, but he would like the same information
> displayed as a total for the farm.  I'm sure there are ways within
> windows to do this, but I am not a windows admin.  I know that I could
> easily to this from the command line in many ways.
>
> 1.       Is anyone already doing this?

Yes.

You can use the command
  bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard test=citrix fields=msg"
then search each line of output for the string "NNN users active"
and sum up the NNN values. I have some rather ugly C code to do
it, but I'm sure it can easily be done in Perl if you know how.

> 2.       Is there a way from the command line on the hobbit server to
> determine the most current status for a hobbit client?

"hobbitdboard" command as above if you want the status for many hosts,
"hobbitdlog host=HOSTNAME test=TESTNAME" if you want just a single
status.